Monday, August 13, 2007

Virgin Territory

So, I finally step onto the blogging stage, a day late, but hopefully not a dollar short. I'm kind of late venturing into the territory....but that's me, the perpetual late bloomer! Right now, I think I'm going to be focusing on my hobbies -- for want of a better word -- mainly reading, cooking and knitting, with perhaps the occasional foray into blogging about teaching. And...it begins......

Tonight's dinner:

*Low(er)-Fat Version of Giada's Butternut Squash via Cookie Madness
*Zuchinni Boats (basically, halve the zuchinni, brush with olive oil, salt/pepper, parmesan cheese, and bake for about 15 minutes)
*Sliced Tomatoes
*Garlic Bread made with Wholewheat French

Currently reading:

*(Third or fourth) re-read of The Time-Traveler's Wife -- it has rapidly become a comfort novel which...it's not so much that the narrative is comforting; it's just so lovely. And, it feels true, or at least the emotion rings true. And, oh, the grace of it all....

*Skimming the Writer's Workshop portion of In the Middle in preparation for school starting back up next week.

*Dreamland by Sarah Dessen, a YA author I've just discovered and am liking a great, great deal.

No comments: